The Newlife Care Op Shop sells quality recycled clothes, household goods, and toys at low prices, and donates some of the goods received to other missional groups in QLD and overseas.
We also operate our emergency food distribution centre through the Op Shop. If you can assist us with customer service, sorting of goods, and pricing, and have a passion for retail and customer service, please contact us.
Depending on your assigned area, your duties will include:
- Organising merchandise on the shop floor
- Assisting customers
- Processing payments at the register, including operating the Eftpos machine
- Maintaining the store in a clean and tidy condition
- Attaching and updating pricing tags on merchandise
- Sorting through donations of goods.
- Ability to cooperate and work as part of a team
- Customer service skills
- Punctuality and ability to communicate availability/non-availability
- Empathy and desire to serve members of the community
- Some heavy lifting may be required in certain volunteer areas. If you are unable to lift, please inform the shop manager so that you can be placed accordingly.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Op Shop Manager Phil on 0437 878 321 or click the 'Apply' button below. The Op Shop operates Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm.